Piece of good news for film buffs — Shaw Theatres, Golden Village and Cathay Cineplexes are reopening on July 13, 2020.
This was announced via their Facebook pages and a media release on the night of July 3.Cathay:Cinemas, along with bars and other entertainment venues, were closed from March 26 to minimise the spread of Covid-19 in Singapore.
All cinemas will be taking safety precautions.
- Face masks are to be worn at all times, except during consumption of snacks and beverages.
- Temperature screening.
- Checking in and out via SafeEntry.
- Safe distancing measures in the lobby.
- Cinema halls with queue markers and alternate seating arrangements.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch point areas such as counters, touch screens, and restrooms.
Alternate seats are also now sold in singles.
For Golden Village:
- SafeEntry or NRIC scans to check in and check out.
- Temperature screening before entry into the mall or cinema.
- Temperature screening of all staff twice a day. Staff are required to monitor their health, wear masks at all times and wash their hands regularly.
- Crowd and queue management in place to ensure patrons practise safe distancing.
- Floor markers to demarcate queue lines.
- Safe-distancing seat stickers in the dining lounge and common areas.
- Seats are reconfigured to ensure safe distancing between groups.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of high touch point areas and between movies.
- Hand sanitisers at various touch points.
- SafeEntry check-ins and check-outs
- Temperature screenings
- Hand sanitisers at key touch points
- A minimum two-seat gap between every two or three seats
- All occupied seats (based on ticket sales) to be disinfected after each screening
Additionally, all cinema halls will only accommodate up to a maximum of 50 patrons per screening.
WE Cinemas will not be open on July 13.Here are some movies to look out for.