On Friday evening, word about how large insurance company AIA asked a local photographer for free use of his Instagram images blew up on Facebook, especially among the creative community.
Later on Friday, Tan Zexun, the photographer, revealed that the folks running the insurance giant's Instagram account is a social media agency called DSTNCT:
Lo and behold, DSTNCT turns out to be part of the Gushcloud family.
DSTNCT was appointed fairly recently in December 2015 to handle both strategy and management across AIA’s key social media platforms, which includes Instagram and Facebook.
A check on DSTNCT on ACRA, the government business registration portal, revealed:
1. DSTNCT Pte Ltd was formerly known as The Barnett Group Pte Ltd
2. And DSTNCT's current address is at 60 Anson Road, #07-01, MapleTree Anson, Singapore 079914.
3. At least two Gushcloud (now referred to as the Gush Digital Group [GDG, you'll understand this later], it seems) people are linked to The Barnett Group previously.
i. Althea Lim
ii. Vincent Ha
4. On ACRA, Gushcloud's listed address is also 60 Anson Road, #07-01, MapleTree Anson, Singapore 079914:
5. Now, DSTNCT's previous address was at Lorong 4 Toa Payoh:
625 Lorong 4 Toa Payoh
General Magnetics Building
6. DSTNCT’s Facebook page shows a photo of their new office premises at 60 Anson Road: